AG Missionaries to Oaxaca, Mexico

AG Missionaries to Oaxaca, Mexico
Efrain & Catherine Figueroa, David, Jonathan, and Olivia

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5, 2011

My first blog was in January and I had illusions of posting every week with deep thoughts. Lost among all these deep thoughts, I forgot my password. I tried various configurations of every password I could think of- to no avail. I was rejected as I appealed to regain access to my blog. (They probably couldn't see my lower lip sticking out.) Today, as I prepared to surrender my blog name and create a new blog, I think I had one of those magical moments that Olympians experience after years of discipline and training- my fingers magically flowed and my mind shifted to automatic to type in the correct password. A very loose analogy, I know, but that's as close as I get to Olympian comparisons. So as not to overwhelm myself, I'll just post the verse that spoke to me out of my devotion today. Proverbs 14:30 "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones." 
I really don't want rotten bones. And I really DO want life in my body. It spoke to me. (I confess, sometimes I DO miss those US shopping opportunities!) Today, I'm laying it all down and chosing to be satisfied with Jesus, and have a heart at peace. Rotten bones sounds- well, rotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment